Thursday, September 24, 2009

Dream Come True

So I just finished another painting at 2am this morning and I have to say I love it. But! I cannot take all the credit for the idea, for it was my dearest best friend, Reyn Harpole, who actually inspired it. Back in December of 2006 he wrote me a letter containing a poem. While waiting on permission from Reyn, I would like to share it and pray he doesn't mind:

Dream Come True
By: Reyn Harpole

A feeling I can never let go,
one that consumes me entirely.
Thoughts of forever flood my mind,
forever is my hopes and dreams.
A love that burns everlasting.
Dreams and sweet scents surrounding,
like the air around I breathe.
Calm and cool touch generating,
molding me into something higher.
Activity around me fades to black,
and the world is you and I.
I am focused and driven,
not even fate can stop me in my dreams;
a place where you are always there,
a place where you wait for me at home,
and the trees all grow upside down,
so that we forever walk in flowers.

Constantly your sweetness engulfs me,
all the little things.
A dream of forever,
an ambitious dream,
where everything is perfect.
And when I look into your eyes so deep,
and you softly whisper to me,
'I love you';we are perfect.
Suddenly this is no longer a dream,
for it has now come true,
we are each others' and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment