Tuesday, January 20, 2009

First Day Back...

So I really have a lot to say right now. A ridiculous amount of thinking has been going on in my mind all day today. It is exhausting! I'm so tired from thinking yet I can't even go to sleep because of it! But as I was saying, I have a lot I would like to write out but unfortunately I just don't feel like writing tonight. So, in short. Today was alright. Classes seem good so far; hard, but good. Breakaway was amazing tonight! (When is it not?) I'm excited that we will be talking about David all this semester. I'm really looking forward to the new series. It was after Breakaway when the "blah" part of the day really hit. I've been trying so hard to hold every emotion I've been experiencing in that finally I just burst into tears. Way too much thinking will do that to you. I have so many questions I really wish I could ask, but I can't. So many things I wish I could do, but I can't. I feel so lost and alone. I've been listening to Brandon Heath a lot lately and every single song on his CD is perfect for my life. I mean perfect. Every emotion, every struggle, every hurt, everything! He writes it out perfectly. The CDs mix emotions about love, God, and pain describes my exact mixed thoughts in my head. I love finding artists who relate so well to you. Like you feel like they know you personally. Makes me smile thinking about it. :) I really strive to do the same in the songs I write. But that is another topic. As for now, I'm going to try to get some sleep.

Ben Stuart opened with this verse and it is one I've really taken to heart:

"But the Lord said to Samuel, 'Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart'." ~1 Samuel 16:7

No comments:

Post a Comment